Medical value of seal oil
1, Seal oil for the benefit of mankind
For a long time, the world medical community has found that Eskimos living near the Arctic rarely suffer from cardiovascular, cerebrovascular, high blood pressure, cancer and other diseases. In the 1970s, some medical doctors in Canada came to the conclusion that the diet of Eskimos was mainly seal oil, seal meat and fish. Because these foods were rich in omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids, they did not suffer from these “civilized diseases” of modern people.
2, What are the ingredients of seal oil?
Seal oil is a kind of precious nutritional tonic which is rich in omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids extracted from seal adipose tissue. Seal oil contains about 20% – 25% omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids, which is the most abundant in nature. At the same time, there are some squalene and vitamin E in seal oil.
3, What’s the difference between taking seal oil and fish oil?
(1) Natural seal oil contains about 20% ~ 25% omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids, which is much higher than natural fish oil.
(2) Seals and humans are mammals, while fish are lower cold-blooded animals. The position of omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids on triglycerides in mammals is different from that in fish. In mammals, omega-3 is in the first and third place, while in fish, it is in the second place. In the process of human digestion, omega-3 on the first and third position is easy to interact with lipase, decompose into free fat and more easily absorbed by human body. Therefore, seal oil has higher absorption and utilization ratio than fish oil.
(3) Seal oil contains 5-6% DPA, while fish oil contains almost no DPA. It is found that DPA is very important for children’s growth, and the effect of DPA is more than ten times of DHA commonly known as brain gold.
(4) Omega-3 unsaturated fatty acids are easy to be oxidized and become peroxides because of their unsaturation, which is harmful to human body. Seal oil contains a kind of natural antioxidant, which can prevent seal oil from being oxidized under the condition of cooking at 190 ℃. Fish oil does not contain antioxidants, so it is very easy to deteriorate at room temperature.
(5) Seal oil contains 2-3% squalene, which can prevent and treat cancer. At the same time, it has the function of activating cells, can effectively protect the skin, and can effectively inhibit the absorption of bad cholesterol in food and accelerate its metabolism.
(6) Seal oil contains almost no cholesterol, while most fish oil contains a lot of cholesterol.
Seal oil is a marine biological product that draws the essence of Arctic life, improves the microcirculation system and strengthens the most natural and nutritional value of the immune system. The seal oil extracted from Canadian Arctic harp seal is mainly composed of omega-3 unsaturated fatty acid, squalene and vitamin E. The efficacy of omega-3 has been affirmed by the medical community for a long time. It can purify blood, balance blood pressure, repair blood vessels, enhance body resistance and other health care functions. And about 20% – 25% of seal oil is omega-3, which is the highest content in natural animals, far beyond the content of general fish oil. In addition, seal oil contains 2-3% squalene, which can effectively protect skin, effectively inhibit the absorption of bad cholesterol released by food and accelerate metabolism.